Forums 📚 Book Club Friends August 2023 Discussion: Kiss the Girl (a meant to be novel)

• toni-levine

August 18, 2023 at 4:03 AM

I’m loving this month’s book!

• Stacy

Administrator
      August 18, 2023 at 4:01 PM

Me, too! I’ve been working on building the site and I find myself wishing I could squeeze in more reading time because I want to finish it! There are SO many good tidbits calling back to the original movie 🐙

• toni-levine

August 18, 2023 at 9:11 PM

I just finished it! I know what you mean about wanting to keep reading but having other, more pressing things to work on so you can’t. I love all the references to the movie and also the fresh spin on this story. It might even be a book I read again. I also want to read more of this author’s books. This was my first of hers and really enjoyed her style!

• Stacy

Administrator
      August 18, 2023 at 10:53 PM

Ooh, definitely add any book you look into that looks good to our prospective reading list. I’d be open to reading another, too!

• ahayes11201

August 20, 2023 at 11:04 PM

What real band/musician do you guys imagine being close to Siren Seven? I’m imagining kind of a female Jonas Brothers.

• toni-levine

August 21, 2023 at 1:22 AM

I’m so not knowledgeable about bands so I have no idea. But a female Jonas Brothers fits.

• Stacy

Administrator
      August 21, 2023 at 6:20 PM

I’ve been thinking more Spice Girls – but modern day, like if Olivia Rodriguez, Halley Steinfeld, Billie Eilish, Dua Lipa, Selena, Rhianna, and Miley all in a band – since they have different styles and ages?

• ahayes11201

August 28, 2023 at 12:39 AM

Is The Beast a reference to something in the movie?

• Stacy

Administrator
      August 30, 2023 at 10:10 PM

I could not for the life of me figure that out! It was colors not typical for sea either… I wondered why not make it a reference…